Simply Electric Gates

Your Subtitle text
01252 513811
Unit 13 Belle Vue Enterprise Centre, Aldershot GU12 4QW

Planning Assistance

It is your responsibility to ensure that any planning regulations are complied with.

The Planning Portal is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales. This is what they say about planning permission for gates and walls:

Planning Permission

You will need to apply for planning permission if you wish to erect or add to a fence, wall or gate and:

It would be over 1 metre high and next to a highway used by vehicles (or the footpath of such a highway); or over 2 metres high elsewhere; or 

your right to put up or alter fences, walls and gates is removed by an article 4 direction or a planning condition; or 

your house is a listed building or in the curtilage of a listed building. 

the fence, wall or gate, or any other boundary involved, forms a boundary with a neighbouring listed building or its curtilage.

You will not need to apply for planning permission to take down a fence, wall, or gate, or to alter, maintain or improve an existing fence, wall or gate (no matter how high) if you don't increase its height. In a conservation area, however, you might need conservation area consent to take down a fence, wall or gate.

With many years' experience in dealing and assisting customers with planning applications, we have found that planning permission is required for most new installations of gates.  We will be happy to advise you and to prepare drawings and a planning permission application for your local council. 

Please contact us for further information 01252 513811 or use our contact form.

Website Builder